Josh Writing About Nancy

The moment I met Nancy, I knew she was one of the most caring individuals in the world.  That is something I absolutely love about her, the fact that she is mindful of other's worries and feelings.  She also has a wonderful smile.  When I see her smile, my soul feels calm and happy inside.  Nancy has that smile on her face and shows so much of that loving care when she is around children.  Nancy will be a wonderful mother and I am excited to see her excel in that responsibility, and I am excited to be alongside her supporting her in every way.

Nancy Writing About Josh

Josh will be the last to ever admit to it but he really is amazing. I was drawn to him the first time I saw him. There is something about his way of being that requires me to be by his side. He has a calm spirit and a sincerity about him and accepts everyone the way they are. The first time he put his arm around me I felt like I had come home and I remember thinking how strange it was to feel so at home with someone I had only recently met. The longer we are married and the more things I learn about him and myself the more I am amazed by how perfectly we complete each other.

I know that my thoughts, feelings and opinions are safe with him and although we do not always agree, he still respects me and treats me with kindness and patience. I also love his appreciation and contentment for life as it is, not as he wants it to be, while still having big dreams. He often delivers the best corny jokes that always make me laugh and I will catch him singing random songs around the house. He is a devoted husband and I can't wait to see him take on the role of "daddy" as he will be amazing at that too.

Our Promise To The Birthmother

We love you and pray for you.  You are a child of God.  He watches you, loves you and wants you to do the right thing for you and your baby.  If we have learned one thing in our short lives, it is that our Father in Heaven knows us, loves us and if we allow him, will guide us and help us in every aspect of our lives.  He has a plan of happiness for all of his children and will do all that He can to help us attain the ends of that plan.

Life is so beautiful.  You are beautiful.  The child inside of you is a gift from God.  As you make a decision that we cannot comprehend, please know this:  if you choose to place you baby with us we promise to do all we can do be a good father and mother to that precious child.  We promise to teach and lead with love.  And we promise that they will always know, respect and admire you for the amazing person that you are.

For Time and All Eternity

We were married on December 20th, 2003.  You could make a movie with everything that happened that week!  It was a Saturday at the end of finals week (that alone would be crazy enough!).  But when you add Nancy getting the flu, arrangements for ALL decorations falling through two days before, Josh's grandpa passing away the day before, people getting lost...it was insane!  Josh was even 30 minutes late to the temple!  Anyway, Josh got there and everything fell in to place perfectly.  The insaneness (is that a word?) continued after the wedding ceremony but I will always remember the peace I felt in the ceiling room that day holding Josh's hand and knowing that from then on, I would always have my best friend by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment